- 1 cup all- purpose Flour (sifted)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 Large Egg (Beaten)
- 2 tbsp unsalted Butter (melted)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Canola Oil (For Cooking)
- Combine sifted flour, sugar, salt and baking powder into a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg, milk, vanilla and melted butter together. (Make sure the butter is not too hot or it might cook the egg)
- Pour the wet ingredients mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until mostly incorporated. The batter should be thick and a little lumpy but without any visible streaks of flour. (If it is too thick to work with, add a little milk).
- Heat a non- stick pan over a low- medium heat and coat it with oil. Use a measuring cup to pour the batter into the pan.
- Cook until the first side is golden brown or until the top surface forms bubbles. Flip and repeat on the other side. Adjust heat accordingly. Serve while hot.
- Optional- Add bananas and honey.